Sunday 1 March 2015

Doing the legwork

Sorry it's taken so long to update this. Well, it's finally happening again. I'm aiming to run the London Marathon for the fifth time running. This year, I'll be running for the National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS), and they are a fabulous charity that is committed to creating a world without barriers for deaf children, providing support for them and their families and campaigning for change. As those who already know me will know, this is a charity that is very close to my heart.

The prospects for deaf children have improved massively over the years, but it still makes for grim reading. Statistically, deaf children are still extremely vulnerable to isolation, bullying and low self-esteem. 65% of deaf children fail to achieve five GCSE passes. Deaf children are more likely to experience mental health problems and are twice as likely to be abused than other children.

So far, my training has gone well. As with previous years, I'm now doing 20+ mile runs at the weekends, so I'm definitely getting the legwork in. I've no idea whether I'll beat last year's finishing time but I am hoping to raise more money than in previous years. We'll see how that goes then....

For now, here's a photo of me modelling my running vest. This time it's more of a lilac colour. They always give me such nice colour vests, these charities.


If you would like to sponsor me, you may do so at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/martinpampel.

Many thanks once again to all for your continued support!


No comments:

Post a Comment