Wednesday 28 March 2012

Fundamental Fundraising

25 days to go! It's getting nearer now.
I've done all of my very long runs and am now starting to taper down the exercise. As the physical exertion has gone down, the donations have gone up and I have now raised over £1000. I don't think I'm going to beat last year's total of £3500 but the challenge is still to beat last year's finishing time of 4 hours, 47 minutes, which I don't think is beyond me. If my training is anything to go by, I should quite easily beat that time, unless I'm injured or the weather or day's conditions somehow hinder my performance.

My fundraising alternatives to getting people to visit the following page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/martinpampel
are coming to fruition. I'm in discussion with some local people about using a hall to host a quiz evening (a few weeks after the marathon - but that doesn't matter; as I will have hopefully completed the marathon, people might be more willing to part with their cash, knowing that I have already done what was needed to earn their money) and I have started a sweepstake at work, where my colleagues have to guess what my finishing time will be, and they are allowed as many guesses as they like, but it's £1 a guess, and whoever has the closest guess to my actual finishing time will win £26 - a pound a mile.

As for aches and pains - my feet are all right now, it's my knees that are currently sore. It seems that my body parts are, one by one, conspiring to stop me from running the marathon. Weirdly, I did my 20-mile run on Saturday afternoon, and I was fine when I finished, yet it was yesterday, Tuesday, when I started feeling an odd sensation in my knees, so it can't have been caused by the running, so maybe it'll go away as suddenly as it came about.

No comments:

Post a Comment