Tuesday 12 March 2013

Vested Interest

Under six weeks to go and less than forty days now. The Marathon slowly creeps up on us.

The fundraising is showing signs of improving, and I have now exceeded a quarter of my target, thanks to some very generous sponsors. I haven't even had to resort to much emotional blackmail or anything. I have pulled out all the stops in attempting to get as much sponsorship as I can. I'm organising another quiz night in which I will also be writing and asking the questions. I have put up posters and sponsorship forms in the apartment building in which I live, and also on all the floors at work, though some humorless spoilsport keeps taking down the poster and form on the first floor. Must be someone I insulted in a previous job.

The training is still going very well, with another long run completed at the weekend. I thought I might have picked up a slight groin strain but my fears appear to be baseless and in fact, complete rubbish because I went for another run today with no ill effects. Even though we are now in the middle of March (not quite Spring yet - that'll be when it's the vernal equinox - March 20th) the temperatures have not really improved. It is still bitterly cold, and this is not helped by the especially chilly winds. I await the day when I can finally go out for a run without having to wear a jacket over my running shirt, but I shan't get my hopes up just yet.

From running shirt to running vest, I have just received my Whizz-Kidz vest from the charity. It's a lovely bright shade of green. Green is the new black, or so they say. At any rate, while I'm running the London Marathon in that little number, even my friends in Manchester should be able to see me.

Here's a little picture to whet your appetite.
I'm so vain, I probably think those pictures are of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment