Thursday 28 March 2013

April Come I Will

With less than a month to go until the London Marathon, things are really hotting up. Unlike the weather which remains colder than a witch's tit. Whatever that means. At any rate, coming back from a run, my nipples seem to be semi-permanently hard from the cold. I have never known it to be so cold this late into March. I hope that there is an increase in temperature in April and on Marathon Day. Even a slight increase would be welcome.

The long weekend runs have continued, averaging about 20 miles each weekend. This Sunday, I was "only" able to manage 17 miles. For some reason, I just didn't have the strength, and in hindsight, it was probably better that I called it a day and finished the run, rather than carry on and risk injuring myself. I made up for it by doing a longer-than-usual short run on Tuesday. All in all, I've run a total of more than 630 miles in my training for this marathon, which is more than I had trained at this point last year and the year before. These 630 miles make up roughly the distance between London and Milan. All in all, I think the total distance covered since I began training for my very first marathon is around 2000 miles - that would be roughly the distance between London and Beirut. Hopefully by mentioning Milan and Beirut in this paragraph, the Milan and Beirut tourist boards might offer me a free holiday?

The sponsorship is increasing, and I am now up to nearly £1000. It has definitely been harder raising the donations this time round but I am grateful for whatever I can get, sponsorship-wise. I have had a few donations from anonymous donors. If only there were some way of finding out who they were, so I could give them a big thank-you and shake their hand. The best way of giving is to give and not let others know that you have given, so I expect they're not in it for the thanks or the fame, just an act of genuine kindness.

We've seen a picture of me with the new running vest - here's a picture of me actually modelling it. If I may say so, I think green really suits me.

Jolly green runner

No comments:

Post a Comment