Wednesday 10 April 2013

Untitled Post #642

Twelve days to go until the London Marathon. I have completed the last of my long runs and started tapering down the exercise to allow me to recover and take it easy before the big day, so that my body is in peak condition.

My sponsorship has now exceeded £1000, I have attempted several runs in my green Whizz-Kidz vest, my friend Sam and I are in the process of organising a fundraising quiz evening, for which I have been able to obtain a number of very exciting and sought-after prizes, and I have also received my running number for the race - it's 49914. I am not sure what the numbers mean. I think they're either completely arbitrary or sorted by charity, but last year I was 33743 and in 2011 I was 46411.

In short, everything is coming along nicely as we head into the last few days before the Marathon. I am excited, although it is a nervous sort of anticipation. I will just do my best and just keep on running, even when my heart, head, legs and feet tell me to stop.

In the meantime, if you wish to sponsor me, here is the link to my JustGiving page: http://www.justgiving.com/martinpampel

No comments:

Post a Comment