Saturday 2 April 2011

Running Wounds All Heels

Apologies for the sporadic updates. I've spent the last week or so not training, allowing my foot to get better. It is in fact feeling much better now as I went out for a short run earlier and managed to run for three miles. I did not intend to cover a further distance as I didn't want to overdo it just as soon as I'd recovered. I could still feel my foot playing up a little, but it was not painful in the least so I think it's more or less better. I'm thinking that if I can run three miles on it now, I should certainly be able to run 26 miles on it in two weeks' time.
That reminds me. The marathon is now but a mere fortnight away. What worries me now is not just my foot but my fitness. Having not run for over a week until today, I could tell that I was clearly not as fit as I was prior to hurting my foot. Which is to be expected really. So I shall have to build up my fitness a bit more over the next two weeks but without putting any additional pressure on my foot.

The fundraising is going very well now. I've raised more than half of my £2000 target. I'm nearly 70% of the way there. Technically speaking, I am actually 68.6% of the way there. Many of the recent donors have been people that I work with and people from the religious community. I'm grateful for whatever money I can get from whoever wants to donate, and the address is http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/martinpampel for whoever wants to make a donation.

I will be visiting my old secondary school later this week because some of the pupils there are doing some fundraising of their own to help me out, thanks to one of the teachers at the school who I am still in touch with now. I think the kids are doing a sponsored run around the school perimeter, which should be interesting. There might be local press in attendance. Hope I don't get interviewed as I will have to think very carefully about what I say because I'm more gaffe-prone than Prince Philip and Boris Johnson combined.

Anyway, looking forward to the marathon now. I think I have a very good chance of crossing that finish line, however long it takes me. All I can do is my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment