Thursday 24 March 2011

Trouble A-foot

The recovery from my foot injury is going slowly but surely. I was able to run for a mile and a half last night, though the foot still needs more rest. At times it felt like I was dragging my bad foot behind me like a deadweight. Obviously I need more time for the foot to heal, but I am quietly hopeful that it will improve and I will be able do some more training before the marathon takes place. The next time I train, I will try and up the distance to two miles, then five miles after that, and then on to ten miles and hopefully fifteen or twenty, and I should be back on form again.

I am a bit conflicted though. I have got to let this foot recover, but I can't go too long without training this close to the main event, even though you are supposed to taper down the training at this stage. I'm doing everything possible to expedite my recovery. I am regularly pressing ice packs against my foot, running the foot under a scalding hot shower and using tonnes and tonnes of Deep Heat (confidentially, that stuff really stinks). I don't know if any of the above is actually making a difference but I'll try anything to accelerate my recovery. Painkillers, alternative medicine, praying to Him Upstairs, whatever works.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Anybody?
Anyone?
God?

No comments:

Post a Comment